VSS CERTIFICATE: B & W DARKROOM
This course is aimed at the discerning photographer who practises photography as an art form with the printed image as a testimony to the photographer’s creativity.
The archival darkroom print is the most acceptable medium to represent the photographer/artist at art galleries worldwide.
The course is conducted over 2 weeks at VSS Creative College, Pretoria which boasts the biggest comprehensive B & W darkroom in SA.
Because of the intensity of course we can only accept 6 delegates.
Course is presented by Hein Waschefort
Intensive Photography Course
Part time over ten weeks. Successful students receive two Competence Certificates totalling 20 credits towards the National Certificate: Photography.
SAQA US 336114: Use a still camera to capture a range of photographic images
SAQA US 336096: Plan and organise logistical requirements for a photographic brief / assignment.
Computer Graphic Design Course
Part time over ten weeks. Successful students receive a Competence Certificate totalling 15 credits towards the National Certificate: Visual Arts.
SAQA US 263024: Plan and produce two dimensional computer aided drawings
What is a Skills Programme?
A Skills Programme is occupationally based and, when completed, will constitute credits towards a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
Skills Programmes are part time courses consisting of either one or more unit standards, which when added together can eventually lead to a qualification.
With a Skills Programme, a student learns a specific amount of work, focused on developing specific skills, instead of having to complete an entire qualification.
The Benefits of Skills Programmes for Individuals:
- Allow post qualification specialisation
- Enable competency in a particular area which can increase your contribution to the business you are employed in
- Improve skills and employability
- Addresses the critical skills needs of business or industry
- Economical in terms of time and resources
- Enable individuals to start a small business or do freelance work
Benefits of Skills Programmes for Business:
- Ability to choose which skills the workforce gains, targeting skills to meet the needs of an operation now and in future
- Increased employee motivation
- Increased efficiencies in particular fields / disciplines
- Increased capacity to adopt new technologies and methods
- Increased innovation in strategies and products
- Enhanced company image
- Claiming back on your Skills Development Levy
“Something is happening. We are becoming a visually mediated society. For many, understanding of the world is being accomplished, not through words, but by reading images.” - Paul Martin Lester, ‘Syntactic Theory of Visual Communication’.